DETAILS: Gold Coast teen musicians can sign-up to join fRETfEST by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact phone number, age and parents phone number (if under18).
If you can't read the poster image, go to www.facebook.com/fretfestofficial EVENTS
Southport Broadwater Parklands is located opposite AUSTRALIA FAIR on Marine Parade.
The fRETfEST STAGE is located on the water, near the Jumping Pillow attraction.
2013 MAKE IT A SOUTHPORT CHRISTMAS
The Make it a Southport Christmas festival of activities have come to a close and we wish to thank all the many wonderful people who took part in MAKE IT A SOUTHPORT CHRISTMAS to help make it such a special event:
- CR Dawn Crichlow
- MP Rob Molhoek
- Garth Bell & Bruce Miller
- David Lister from Headline
- Jason Ward and the team at GoldLink
- Cheryl, Colin & Laird at Southport Chamber of Commerce
- John Shewell, Sonia Farrell & The City Of Gold Coast team!
- Craig Devlin and everyone at Southport TAFE
- Caroline Russo & Jessica Huxley
- Ian McDougall & Debby Lo-Dean
- John & Sue at Dooley's Cafe
- Anne at WA Japanese Cuisine
- Steve & Bruce at Southport Central
- Audrey at Southport Uniting Church
- James and everyone at Southport Library
- Trevor & Krystal at Broadwater Parklands
- All the musicians, esp PAUL GREENE, VAN LARKINS, JOSH LOVEGROVE, ASHA JEFFERIES, JEREMY BRAND, KODEY BRIMS, EMMA BELL, LAUREN CRICK and BRAD PALMER
- Local Artist SACHA BEVERLEY
Running for 3 weeks from Nov 30th to Christmas eve, this festival featured lunchtime acoustic concerts organised by Fretfest, as well as activities run by local Council, Southport Library, Broadwater Parklands, Australia Fair and community, businesses and retailers in the area.
Cr Dawn Crichlow and MP Rob Molhoek officially opened the activities on Saturday 30th, at The CECIL HOTEL on the corner of Scarborough St and Nerang St, Southport.
Pictured here with local Artis, Sacha Beverley and event coordinator, Al Buchan, at the opening.
The festivities were coordinated by Fretfest, in partnership with the Southport Chamber of Commerce and the festival was supported by G:Link light rail and the Gold Coast City Council.
"Southport can be a hub for entertainment in the future and I am proud to have coordinated this exciting activity in partnership with the Chamber Of Commerce.” Al Buchan (Fretfest Pty Ltd).
Daily Lunchtime Concerts
12noon till 2pm outside the Southport Mall NERANG STREET outside the entry to Australia Fair, WA Japanese Restaurant & Dooley's Cafe. Free lunchtime concerts featuring talented young singer songwriters including local JOSH LOVEGROVE and internationally renown guitarist, VAN LARKINS!
Broadwater Parklands Events
Happening right across the festival duration. See the website for a complete list of activities > http://www.gcparks.com.au/parks.aspx?page=176
Southport Library Events
Happening right across the festival duration. See the wbsite for a complete list of activities > http://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/library/events-activities-66.html
Australia Fair Shopping Events
See the website for details > http://www.australiafair.com.au
In the Courtyard at SOUTHPORT CENTRAL on the corner of Lawson & Scarborough Street.
MAI - Japanese Dancers & YOSAKOI MAITO
Local Retails Events
For more information and followup, see www.facebook.com/sensationalsounthport
Thanks to the support from The Southport Chamber Of Commerce and G:Link Gold Coast light rail.